I am filled with gratitude that the amazing Ana from Mom with Chiari blog has nominated me for the Liebster award. I am not quite sure if I am deserving of it but I am just going to have fun since she has kindly given me the chance to do so. Check out her blog. I promise she will amaze you with her love for life and her inspiring life.
About the Award
The Liebster is an award given to new and upcoming blogs, as nominated by fellow bloggers, in order to give exposure and foster a community of recognition and appreciation. The award was first implemented in 2011, and has been in place each year since.
The official rules for 2018 are as follows, and can be found in entirety on the blog The Global Aussie, at https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
Rules — Overviews
⇒ Link to official rules blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
⇒ Answer the questions given to you (11)
⇒ Create more questions for your nominees to answer (11)
⇒ Comment on the official rules blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster Award nomination post.
⇒ Entries start 1st of Jan 2018 and ends on the 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Answer the questions you were asked.
• Share 10 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate at least 3 blogs for the award.
• Ask your nominees 10 questions and inform them of the nomination.
Facts About Me
1. I love to eat anything and everything spicy. The spicier the better. They are my mood lifters.
2. A clean and organized home helps me think and breathe better. Yup, I am a tiny bit obsessive about cleaning. Working on letting go but far from successful.
3. Savory over sweet anytime. And spicy of course…oh, I already mentioned that.
4. I have a loud and ugly laugh that turns heads for all the wrong reasons and at the wrong time.
5. I have a hard time saying no and inevitably take on more than I can handle.
6. I have been traveling and moving from one country to another since I was 12.
7. I have managed to kill every gold fish and plant (even succulents) that has entered my home. I pray that every single one of them has forgiven me and is resting in peace.
8. My favorite color is white. My teacher used to tell me that’s a widow’s color. *Shudder*
9. I often forget birthdays and my own anniversary. Thank goodness for reminders on my phone!
10. Music, books and comfort food – I am not sure I can live without them.
Questions and My Answers
1. Why did you start writing your blog? I actually started it as a way to challenge myself to overcome my fear of trying new things and of failures. I realized my kids are just as risk-averse as I am and I wanted to show them that if I could take this little step, they could, as well. I also wanted a little place of my own to jot down my thoughts and my experiences. It has been wonderful so far.
2. Do you believe in God? Yes
3. What’s your favorite cuisine? I eat everything as long as they are spicy and flavorful.
4. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunrise. It makes me happy that a day is just beginning. I am also a morning person. Hah!
5. Which was the happiest moment in your life? Now. I am alive and everyone in the family is well. Everything is in its place. For now.
6. Define yourself in one word. Quirky. (Most call me weird but I prefer quirky)
7. What’s your favorite book? Please Look After Mom by Kyung Sook Shin. I read it a few years ago and I can still vividly remember some passages and scenes from the book (and myself bawling between the pages). I only wish I could read/understand Korean so I could read it in its native language. Highly recommended.
8. What’s your favorite quote? “What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
9. If you are given 10000000 cash what would you do? What would I not do with all that cash?! 😛
10. What’s the thing that you hate the most? Drama, drama, drama. I don’t want it. I don’t need it.
11. What’s the best quality that you see in your best friend? Kindness.
1. What motivated you to start your blog?
2. What would make your day?
3. Favorite movie/book of all time?
4. What has been bothering you lately?
5. If you could spend the day with someone, who would that be?
6. If you could be a character in a book/movie, who would you be?
7. Time travel or invisibility?
8. If you were given $1000. What’s the first thing you would buy?
9. What was your dream when you were a child?
10. If there is one advice you would share with the world, what would it be?
11. What’s the best quality that you see in your best friend?
– Life Travel Soul
– The Thought Gallery Blog
– Stories I’ve Never Told
To the nominees – I love your blogs and I can’t wait to see your responses to learn more about each of you.
Thank you all for stopping by and reading this post. Have a wonderful week ahead!